Updated September 2018
Number of Movies
Variety of Pornstars
1. Number of Movies: 5/5 - There are 89 movies for download at VRCosplayX as of the first week of September 2018, with an average runtime of 30-45 minutes each.
2. Sub Pricing: 5/5 - Standard sub pricing at VRCosplayx is $24.95/month, $71.40 for the annual and a 1 Day,1 movie download $1.00 trial is also offered. $14.95 on first month VRCosplayX discount is available through our links. Like parent company BaDoinkVR, I think the monthly at one release a week is 5 or 10 bucks too high in the market, where the $5.95/mo annual offers the best value at VRCosplayX and is right in line with other competing studios, other than the 1x a week release schedule. BEWARE: This sub rebills at 29.99/mo on the monthly entry price.
3. Frequency of Updates: 3/5 - VRCosplayX currently updates once a week, typically on Fridays.
4. Variety of Pornstars: 5/5 - With 81 movies at the moment, VRCosplayX do not have the sheer numbers of movies for variety of talent as some of the other studios, but make up for this by shooting on both sides of the pond, so there is a great mix so far of awesome ladies from both Spain/EU and the United States such as Stella Cox, Jessa Rhodes, Dani Jensen, Alexa Tomas, Abella Danger, Carly Rae, Blondie Fesser, as well as Anna Bell Peaks only VR feature to date.
5. Variety/Kink/Niche: 3/5 - Pretty vanilla, other than the cosplay niche element, which is the main focus anyway. There is a nice Female PoV movie with Abella Danger and Karlee Grey for instance, some anal, but fairly vanilla fuckins overall. 3 out of 5 for catering to the cosplay niche exclusively.
6. Tech: 4/5 - Early VRCosplayX movies had some of the better tech in VR porn at the time. The rig looked very nice, similar in quality to home site BaDoinkVR's rig at that stage, and other elements such as audio were typically above average for the industry. Lighting is generally well done, and image quality on the movies overall was toward the very top in early 2017.
Scale seems to be rather well accepted among viewers, and is fine for my eyes. As well, the tech on the editing side with slick opening graphics and occasional genuine special effects employed are really fun to see as extra eye candy in VR, such as the apparition effect in Harry Pudder.
7. Production: 3/5 - Production at VRCosplayX is similar to BaDoinkVR's production, and in that regard, I don't think BaDoinkVR has ever been known for nailing great PoV's in VR, so there is some hit and miss in that department as well as the affinity for flat on back cowgirl shots. One of the things they do do differently than most at the moment is to tilt the rig up for those shots at least, providing a much better effect than the stock 90 degrees straight down the chest angle generally used.
I would rate the VR specific production so far at VRCosplayX for the movies I have seen at around average for the industry, I am not sure if there are possibly 2 crews, one in U.S., one in Spain. PoV's would be the weak point in my estimation, all other elements are stylish and typically well done and polished on production and lighting.
8. Searchability: 5/5 - The 4 page VRCosplayX website layout is clean and easy to navigate, with the recent addition of some category and menu searches as well as tags on scene pages.
9. Extras/Networks: 1/5 - Not a whole lot in this department. No added sites or trailers.
10. Download Speed: 5/5 - Speeds have been generally above average for me over the year and a half VRCosplayX have been up and running.
* Cosplay focused VR site
* Strong American and European Talent
* Occasional creative use of CGI effects
* Nice break from the norm/fun
* Upsell popups on login
* PoVs and eye contact at times
* Periods of bad audio quality in 17'
* Some scenes are less elaborate
3DPornReviews VRCosplayX Discount Available: $14.95 first month -40% off
From BaDoinkVR comes VRCosplayX, the first VR porn site dedicated to cosplay! If you are looking for a break from standard virtual porn or have a horny inner dork with a thing for gaming and comics, then VRCosplayX may fill the gap nicely with an original take on VR porn.
Having launched late in 2016, VRCosplayX now have 81 movies available for download in mid 2018 and have had little in the way of hiccups since hitting the scene.
Featuring high quality tech and a solid level of sets and costuming in the context of porn, VRCosplayX offers mix of sex and setting making for some fun movies to watch in the VR headset.
Expect elements like nicely done splash screens on the intros, musical entrances, nice mood lighting and some occasional special effects.
VRCosplayX feature some great talent from both the United States as well European VR stars making for a well rounded roster of women. From sexy Brits Stella Cox and Carly Rae to well known American girls like Jessa Rhodes and Anna Bell Peaks, VRCosplayX offer the best of both sides of the pond.
I am not full on into the genre myself as some hardcore's are, so I cannot really grade on that scale, only as a viewer familiar with probably half of the references right off the bat, but for me, there seems a nice effort on costuming, some of which they are hand crafting and it is deep enough in most cases to elevate it a bit over a standard VR porn movie. Hardcore cosplay fans can be hard to please so your mileage may vary.
There is also at least an attempt at a setting made which goes a ways in my book to creating some sort of fantasy mood, even just a live fire crackling away behind the girl while fucking helps to set a vibe, so I appreciate all those touches as well. It is fun to be in cool little virtual environments in the HMD.
If there is a weakness at VRCosplayX, I would say it is would be some lackluster PoV's, very similar to BaDoinkVR, and things like some of the movies that feature predominantly flat on your back cowgirl riding.
This seems to vary a bit and could possibly be caused by more than one production crew working in both the U.S. and abroad.
Badoink have started cross selling BaDoinkVR subs via popups on the website, so just make sure you are closing out any popups or declining any cross sell offers you don't want when signing up or clicking on the website after subbed, as I believe they are one click unlocks if you accept the offer or at least were at one point.
I would say VRCosplayX is certainly worth a one month cherry pick sub. There are some nice movies in the catalog and the one day trail also offers a way to check out a full feature on the cheap. After a one month, the price becomes steeper at the $29.99 re-bill rate, at which the higher tier quarterly and annual rates start to look more attractive for a long term sub.
I like the extra entertainment factor and production values in the more traditional sense of video production that feels fresh when seen in VR porn, and the casting up to this point has been pretty solid with a nice variety of high profile talent.