Updated for December 2018
The KinkVR website has not been updated since July 2017
December 2018: It looks like BaDoinkVR has stepped in to revive the KinkVR brand. More information coming.
From KINK.com & HologirlsVR its KinkVR!
KinkVR Review Score: Full Review Below
Number of Movies
Variety of Pornstars
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR, Google Carboard and many other headset formats supported.
- 32 clips of all flavors and nastiness. Top stars such as Penny Pax and anal queen Ella Nova! Straight, TS and Gay, KinkVR has it all, and its all dirty! 3rd person POV camera shots breaks the 1st person POV mold. Speculum's, Insertions, Fisting. Hardcore VR Porn!
- KinkVR used to be closely associated with the Kink.com network, but it appears that this will be it's own entity in conjunction with HoloGirlsVR, which so far, has meant a typically broken/partially functioning HoloGirlsVR clone website.
- KinkVR content was available for FREE for more than a year. All of that early content, is now behind a premium sub price.
- KinkVR still says "beta" on its logo....and it still should, even after this years restart on production.
- June 2017, KinkVR appears to be barely updating at all, with 12 minutes of content being added in May and 28 minutes of content added in June. Pretty craptaculous for the price. July saw 2 clips added or 23 minutes of content.
- Kink.com made major changes this year, and it appears KinkVR is dead on the vine.
- September 2017: KinkVR has not been updated since July 2017.
KinkVR Site Details
KinkVR Brings the Dirty to VR!
Just when you thougth there was nothing but vanilla VR porn out there, here comes KinkVR with a big ole' cup of HOLY FUCK, that shit was DIRTY! Like things like seeing one chick ram a 16" dildo ALL THE WAY up another chicks ass, ....all in point blank glorious VR? You will need look no further than Kink.com! HOT mainstream stars like Penny Pax? Check. Tranny porn with the amazing Venus Lux? Check. Gay VR porn? Checkerino. Pretty much, if you can dream it up, Kink.com is serving it up!
The only problem now is, when the above paragraph was written, it was being served up for free as part of KinkVR's beta. FFWD to March 2017, and all of a sudden, that early beta footage, that is all over the place in content, they are now wanting $24.95 a month for, and that is a premium price tag if say, you don't want to see 50% gay clips a month for a sub you are paying for. Add to that, the site is rarely being updated at all in Summer 2017.
FREE During Beta!
As stated above, the original 15 or so clips were available for anyone to download for over a year on the KinkVR website, and it used to be a great way to grab those early beta efforts. They are so niche in style and content, that it was likely that someone might find one or 2 clips that interested them but perhaps not many will be interested in all of them.
Now that there is a price tag on these clips and the website updated with 47 whopping minutes of new content for March 2017 in the form of 4 clips, 2 of which were gay, 1 lesbian and some in 360? This is a hard sell as I see it. I would not sub for that, not for $24.95/mo. I might cherry pick it every 6 months or something ya know? But this is BETA quality footage folks. This trend continued in May with one 12 minute clip being uploaded, and 28 mins worth of clips being added in June. Worth $24.95 a month?
Not impressed with the reboot sofar
I wanted to give KinkVR a couple months to see where they were going after the re-launch in the new year, and I have to say, it has not been impressive thus far. The releases for February and March 2017, were just simply larger 45 minute scenes, lopped up into 10 minute or less clips, and slowly drip fed out over 2 months time.
The content is fine, it's Kink.com style content, and I love all that stuff, but it is everything else that is really lacking right now from a subscriber perspective, unless you are a die hard Kink.com fan and don't mind paying premium price for beta VR content. 18 months ago, when these early KinkVR clips hit for free, it was fine, it was cool, it was beta. The landscape is much different now in terms of competition in VR, and this stuff is pretty niche behind a paydoor as mixed niche content I think.
47 minutes of content uploaded for March, 2017
KinkVR released just around 45 minutes of total clip content in March 2017. Other VR studios, release 90 minutes of content a week, easily for the same or less monthly sub. The value here beyond Kink.com flava, is absent, as the old clips are beta tech and the new stuff I have peeped was a bit lackluster in this department as well.
The 2 most recent clips I viewed, one which I reviewed here, Lezdom Anal Pov, were both in a disappointing 360 format, with the typical lacking visual quality associated with current 360 VR.
The KinkVR website also migrated to a HoloGirlsVR clone website at re-launch, and these websites are not known for their functionality, that's for sure.
12 minutes of content added in May, 28 mins in June
Things pretty much ground to a halt over the last couple months at KinkVR in terms of releases and one has to wonder what they are doing with this brand.
September 2017 - No longer updating
Avoid unless you really want the old content
So, don't get me wrong, I do like the content from KinkVR. But this is one is pretty tough for me as a subber given it's rather premium monthly price tag and shortcomings on tech and the website. Perhaps this will change going forward, but atm, KinkVR is a tough sell for me, beyond hard to find, outdated, fetish content for VR.
That said, I still love some of their clips and I would probably spring for a single month if I just wanted to see some of the content and had missed the free stuff, but it is SUPER BETA at this point.
Click Here to Visit KinkVR today!
Updated for November 2018
*Kink VR have not updated since July 2017*
- Number of movies: 2/5 32 clips on the front page at the moment in November 2018. This would be a 3/5 if there were not so many "clips". It is the most clippy catalog in VR porn in terms of run time and scenes chopped into multiple portions.
- Sub pricing: 1/5 At $24.95/mo and $71.40 annual, KinkVR pricing is not that bad, it's on the high side, but when you consider they only released 47 minutes worth of clip content in March 2017, this becomes a really premium price point in my eyes based on the competitors monthly outputs. Similar output for April releases is not a lot of motivation to carry a 25 dollar a month sub. Even less content was put up in May and June 2017, so I certainly would not pay $24.95 more than one month to leech. Annnnd they are now dead, so ya!
- Update Frequency: 1/5 At less than an hour of month worth of clip content for the first couple of months of business this year, it was already pretty craptacular at KinkVR. As of May 2017, they are no longer even updating the trickle of content they had been releasing in months prior. June and July saw a couple of clips added apiece and July 2017 was the last time the site was updated.
- Variety/Kinky stuff/Niche content: 5/5 KinkVR is associated with Kink.com, so about every niche and fetish you can think of gets shot by Kink.com.
- Variety of Pornstars: 2/5 Kink.com gets all sorts. Pro's, Amateurs, Male, Female, Shemale. Well established names like Penny Pax and Abella Danger, and many others.
- Tech: 1/5 KinkVR tech is pretty bad, with old original footage being beta at best and newer footage being shot in 360 with seams.
- VR production: 2.5/5 The production wasn't too bad at KinkVR, they were initially trying some interesting ideas, albeit on beta gear. I still really enjoy a few of those old clips, as they just stand all by themselves in flavor.
- Searchability: 2/5 It is pretty much a one page site. Tag navigation works as does performer filtering.
- Extras/Networks: 1/5 Not much in the way of anything extra since KinkVR got cut off from the Kink.com home site.
- Download Speed: 3/5 Average to good download speed for the new clips I have grabbed in the past.
- Scaling/ Distortion: Early KinkVR releases are beta clips, and display larger scale as well as some distortion. The new clips I have seen post re-launch have looked better in this regard but the tech was never that great at KinkVR.
- Overall Immersion/ VR Sense: I like KinkVR clips in terms of immersion. You get some great dungeonesque settings, ominous KinkVR undertone setting music and if they would just stop chopping the longer footage up into smaller clips, they would have some fairly immersive scenes for sure.
Kink VR Review Score
The Girls of KinkVR!
Some of the hot girls over at KinkVR! KinkVR also feature Gay and Tranny movies in VR as well!
All images © 2016 Kink.com