Virtual Taboo Review
Updated for April 2018
Virtual Taboo Quick Review Score
Number of Movies
Frequency of Updates
Variety of Pornstars
Virtual Taboo Review
- Number of movies: 5/5. As of April 2018, 173 movies, some around 40 minutes in length.
- Sub Pricing: 2/5. Just noticed as of August 2017 Virtual Taboo have raised prices for the 2nd time, to a completely non competitive $29.95 Monthly rate, a high $59.00 Quarterly, and a super steep $99.99 Annual price point. They also offer pay per clip at the rate of $9.99 a movie. Dropping them to a 2 here as this is one of the worst pricing models in VR atm.
- Update Frequency: 5/5. As of January 2017, Virtual Taboo have moved to 2 updates per week. However, they have done this at the expense of bringing in 3rd party content.
- Variety of Pornstars: 5/5. A mix of hot Spanish and Russian girls with mainstream VR pornstars like Blondie Fesser, Silvia Rubi, Alexa Tomas, Anissa Kate, Zoe Doll, and Amirah Adara. A few British girls recently with Tina Kay and Carly Rae just filmed, and 2 of the hottest girls in VR, Nancy A, and now retired Viola Bailey's make for a strong, diverse lineup at this point.
- Variety/Kinky Stuff/Niche: 5/5. Starting to pick up here with more movies, Virtual Taboo has some really strong lesbian scenes, some intimate solo scenes and some really cool 3rd person stuff among their growing catalog. They have also added a legit JOI with American legend Proxy Paige as well as a full Latex Catsuit video with Julia Roca, and also some anal fisting added in September 16 with Proxy Paige. Recent themes have involved vaginal fisting and torrential squirting. The direction has been focused heavily on step-porn since Virtual Taboo took on new ownership in 2017.
- Tech: 4/5. Overall, tech is quite solid over the entire Virtual Taboo catalog from 2016. Image quality is quite nice, and given Virtual Taboo's independent beginnings, it was pretty impressive what they manage to pull off in 2016 for a start up VR porn studio with no prior experience.
- Virtual Taboo took on investment in late 2016, and the new owners have began to supplement the classic crews work with another content provider, who's tech I am not as fond of in early examples.
- VR Production:
4/5. Virtual Taboo Spain offer some of the better adult VR production at the moment, paying attention to consumer feedback and making attempts to focus VR strengths in their productions. The classic crew, has a unique style and has turned out some excellent VR porn movies.
- Again, when it comes to the new content being supplemented at Virtual Taboo, I cannot say the same and feel as if that crew/s has a bit to learn about shooting porn for virtual reality headsets.
- Searchability: 5/5. A new site layout in 2017 makes the website quite easy to navigate and search.
- Extras/Networks: 1/5. Photo sets and free videos available for download It appears the free movies have been removed from Virtual Taboo's Website
- Download Speed: 4/5. Virtual Taboo has traditionally been average to good for me on download speed.
- Scaling/ Distortion: All of the classic movies look excellent in terms of scale issues. Some of the first few scenes have a slightly smaller appearance, but overall scale is good. I was able to use the stereo separation function in MaxVR to bring these early scenes into perfect scale for me with very little adjustment. Some slight distortion at very very close proximity in some of the earlier vids may be seen as well. Overall, tech is quite solid and consistent over the bulk the original Virtual Taboo catalog from 2016.
- 2017 has seen content from at least one other provider being supplemented and these movies have different technical characteristics to them, and to my eye are not as accurate when it comes to things like room scale.
- Overall Immersion/ VR Sense: Virtual Taboo Spain movies feel present and have good immersion. Some of the earlier videos are filmed from a bit of a distance, but newer releases are a bit closer up or have more close up sequences and this seems to be the focus in recent shoots. The nice thing is the sex clips are long, you usually get several different shots and setups, so a scene will have some nice perspective shots, some nice close ups, POV changes, etc. I typically don't get bored over the course of a 40 min clip or want to fast forward .
- The above is speaking for the original Spanish Virtual Taboo production team. A new content provider/s is/are being used to supplement releases in 2017, and I cannot offer the same commentary on their production style or quality as I am not terribly impressed with what I have seen of it.
- Due to the new content, and new direction, I have not viewed any movies from Virtual Taboo in several months now. The old Spanish production crew is no longer with Virtual Taboo in 2018, and I have not personally viewed any content from Virtual Taboo in 2018.
- March 2018: The original owner/director at Virtual Taboo, Marcos Lopez is no longer with the studio.
Virtual Taboo Review Score
Credit Card/Gift Cards/SOFORT Pay-Per-Clip
April 8, 2017: Virtual Taboo have made changes to ownership and our long running Virtual Taboo discount has been removed for the time being.
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR, Android, IPhone , HTC Vive and more
- Long, free previews!
- Pay-per-Video option
- 165 movies as of February 1, 2017. Featuring VR stars such as Blondie Fesser, Silvia Rubi, Alexa Tomas, Julia Roca, Proxy Paige, Tina Kay, Onix Babe, Viola Bailey's, Nancy A and Penelope Cum.
- Long videos, some 40 mins plus.
- 3rd person POV vids perfect for couples/women. Great solo vids and Lesbian Scenes!
- The only place to find Kira Queen and Proxy Paige in VR.
- Multiple female POV vids.
- Now updating twice a week as of January 2017
- New pricing has just gone into effect at Virtual Taboo in February 2017. New ownership is also in effect.
- Summer update: Pricing has once again been raised at Virtual Taboo on monthly and 3 month tiers.
- I have not viewed any Virtual Taboo movies since about Summer 2017 with new content providers having been focused more that year instead of the older crews productions.
- March 2018: The original crew is no longer at Virtual Taboo
* Started out indie
* Some early VR classics
* Awesome lesbian scenes
* Early catalog was quite original/unique
* Some VR exclusives such as Proxy Paige
* Took on new ownership in 2017
* Change in direction and content
* Step-porn as a regular new emphasis
* Overuse of white sets washes out new productions
* Original ownership/director no longer with the studio
Virtual Taboo Review :Site Details
Starting 2nd year of production in 2017
Virtual Taboo Review: Virtual Taboo are an established entry into the VR Porn arena, currently offering 157 full length movies at the beginning of February 2018. A VR studio with indie roots, Virtual Taboo proved that you don't need a big studio budget to film capable VR porn, you just need a bit of common sense, internal testing and the willingness to listen to feedback from consumers, all of which Virtual Taboo did to great effect in 2016, frankly making some of the more well funded studios look bad by comparison, in terms of getting their basic tech elements down early.
Great mix of European Women
Virtual Taboo features a diverse mix of Spanish and Russian girls as well as the occasional Brit like Tina Kay and Carly Rae and have also shot American legend Proxy Paige's only VR scenes to date. Their solo scenes are among some of my favorite VR solo's right now and the lesbian scenes are also quite good....you must watch the Lesbian Taboo series if you watch nothing else at Virtual Taboo!!
Virtual Taboo released a consistent batch of VR porn movies in 2016 featuring well known European talent such as Blondie Fesser, Silvia Rubi, Ally Breelsen, Kira Queen, Julia Roca , Alexa Tomas, Viola Bailey's, Onix Babe, Tina Kay, Carly Rae and American Proxy Paige.
Going into 2017, we have seen movies featuring Carolina Abril, Anissa Kate, Amirah Adara and Nancy A, so Virtual Taboo have been shooting some solid talent from week to week and your best or only place to see Kira Queen, Onix Babe, Proxy Paige, Ally Breelsen, and Blondie Fesser and Viola Bailey's in VR is at Virtual Taboo in early 2017.
One to watch this year
I really enjoyed most of the 2016 Virtual Taboo releases, which began experimenting a bit more with close ups and intimacy over the Summer and even delving into some fetish content going into the Fall, and the studio is now winding up the Winter with some strong releases that represent some of their most sophisticated productions thus far.
Early 2017 sees Virtual Taboo increasing to 2 movies a week, expanding upon their VR production techniques by incorporating more detailed setups and scene construction and the production team seems to be in a nice place to build on all they learned in VR porn after a successful 2016.
There have also been some recent changes at Virtual Taboo, one of which has been the addition of movies from another 3rd party production team not related to the original team and these videos do look a bit different in style and camera tech so it will be interesting to see how much of this is added in 2017. I can't say that I am much of a fan of this particular content myself.
As well, titles of movies have shifted abruptly to rather redundant keyword stuffed "step" themes for almost every movie release, so the original indie flavor of the studio has changed quite a bit in 2017. The core Spanish production team is still in place, they are just no longer the main content provider.
Late Winter 16'/Spring 2017
More supplemental content from another provider is being used to fill the release schedule at Virtual Taboo, while the original production team has been doing some of their best work so far, so it's a bit of a mixed bag on style and tech atm.
Greedy price hikes
Virtual Taboo have raised prices twice this year, and are currently one of the highest priced subs as a result, with a fairly absurd $29.95 a month price point with no network support or anything else to offer, making deals at WankzVR, Naughty America, Czech VR and BaDoink a whole lot more palatable by comparison, with only really Reality Lovers being priced in this tier.
Were one of the better VR studios
Virtual Taboo's Spanish side of production has done some of the better work in VR since starting as an indie in 2016. They have taken on investment and ownership has changed, which has taken the brand a bit off course from where they started in terms of original focus and vision. The core Spanish crew is still doing excellent work, but with the influence of new ownership, as well as the addition of 3rd party content that does not meet the same quality as the Spanish side of VT production, the studio does not feel quite as cohesive as it did last year.
Check out our complete classic library of Virtual Taboo Spain Samples with the link below. We stopped hosting Virtual Taboo trailers earlier in 2017 and no longer update our Virtual Taboo Movie Sample section.