Reality Lovers Review
Updated April 2018
Reality Lovers Quick Review Score
Number of Movies
Frequency of Updates
Variety of Pornstars
Reality Lovers Review
- Number of movies: 5/5. 194 movies as of March 2018 according to the video counter. The homepage counter boasts 300. (Some of these are just voyeur versions of the same PoV scenes). All the very early movies have larger than normal scale as well as other technical issues, with the line in the sand being about September 2016 on the most of the glaring problems.
- September 2016 Updates have seen fixes to all issues and quality of video is looking good over the past 2 releases. October, November and December updates also looked great.
- Sub pricing: 1/5. $19.99/mo, $49.99/3mo, & $119.99 6/2/17 update: $29.99/mo, $69.99 a quarter, no annual option. So this score is going from a 4 to a 1, as those price points are about the worst in VR currently. You can save a bit off this steep rate with our readers discount above which has been increased in March 2018.
- As of November 2017, Reality Lovers have went to Pay Per Clip only. We are told our monthly discount should continue to access the monthly sub rates rather than the pay per clip page for those that prefer to sub.
- February 5: Monthly and Quarterly subs appear to be back on the billing page at Reality Lovers. This score is sitting at a one currently because it is 1. Expensive for 1x a week release density, and 2. It keeps changing recently, going from price hikes, to PPC only, to back to monthlies and quarterlies now in early 2018.
- Update Frequency: 5/3. Reality Lovers just downgraded to once a week in February 2018.
- Variety of Pornstars: 5/5. Getting to be a nice variety of women, newer movies have featured well known European girls like Carly Rae, Vanessa Decker and Noemilk. Reality Lovers recently shot some scenes in the US as well with Arya Fae and Bobbi Dylan.
- Variety/Kink/Niche: 5/5. There is some decent variety at Reality Lovers with some anal movies, female POV, 3rd person point of view, as well as a couple of couples releases now with a movie feature from either sex's PoV. Multiple PoV formats (observer,PoV) have been added in March as well as a couple of greenscreen movies.
- Tech: 3/5. Tech has been mixed at Reality Lovers. The early movies struggled with scale, fps, and distortion as major problems, followed up by a series of movies that were blurred after fixes were made to the first issues. Once things got going around September of 2016, the basic tech smoothed out and looks pretty good today in Summer 2017. Reality Lovers have experimented with a basic moving rig that does not come close the the grace of Czech VR's moving setup, as well as experimenting with green screen backgrounds in 2017, to a rather meh effect for me. Image quality on the rig looks pretty decent and audio is typically not bad at Reality Lovers.
- VR Production: 2/5. Production is pretty average at Reality Lovers on VR kind of specifics. Amazing Content, the production company, is quite proficient in producing flat porn, but has struggled a bit to connect the dots with adult merging with virtual reality tech. Distance and intimacy are typical weak points with production as are PoV's which can often feel like a cam stuck on a guys chest.....because, it is a cam, stuck on a guys chest. Sometimes they will place the cam right on the guys dick. The closest I have come to sucking a dick in my life? Watching a Reality Lovers movie, no joke 🙂
- Searchability: 5/5. March 2018: Searchability has improved quite a bit at Reality Lovers, with functional tags, niche tags and talent pages.
- Extras/Networks: 1/5. Photo sets, Live previews, and voyeur versions for some of the movies added in late Winter 2017. The recent Winter 2017 re-skin appears to have also removed the hosted trailers as near as I can tell.
- Download Speed: 5/5. Download speeds have been among the best for me and and continue to be month to month. I have not tested in early 2018.
- Scaling/Distortion: All the early movies at Reality Lovers are large scale, and perhaps the largest in the industry. Fixes to scale have been implemented and new releases featuring corrections to scale hit in mid to late July 2016. Early movies had also some issues with close up distortion.
- October 2016 sees the major tech issues resolved for the most part.
- I have not been covering Reality Lovers movies since around the time of the price hikes last year in 2017. There are simply other studios I would sub to first for the talent and better VR production at the current price points and after a year, I got a little weary of production not really improving on the VR stuff. Will keep tabs in the future, but giving them a break for awhile.
Reality Lovers Review Score
3DPornReviews Discount Available
-33% off Monthly subs = $29.99 $19.99
-29% off Quarterly subs = $69.99 $49.99
Visa/MasterCard - Epoch Billing
- Oculus Rift, GearVR, Google Cardboard, HTC Vive and more
- Claiming 282 Movies for download on the homepage as of February 2017, this figure changes to 184 if you change over to the videos menu.
- Early movies have large scale, doubled 30fps, and image blur as main issues. The early scenes were quite watchable, but the scale was gigantor.
- Now updating 2 times a week (dropped back down to once a week in February 2018)
- Ladies like Kristy Black, Nikky Dream, Nicole Vice, Alexis Crystal, Carly Rae, Vanessa Decker and more!
- High quality production values on sets/locations, polished looking movies in terms of basic porn stuff
- WARNINGS: all early movies are large in world scale, some suffer from distortion up close and they were filmed at doubled 30fps. Would not recommend for those for whom larger scale is an issue. Otherwise, I do not find this particular use of doubled frames to be personally objectionable, and a minor issue for me. Fixes to all are those early technical issues were made in mid-July, 2016.
- August 2016 update finds the latest release looking to have awesome scale, however, there was a significant blur issue that came with the new rig.
- September and October 2016 updates are looking really solid which you may see previews for in our trailer section. Everything newer than "Fire in Her Eyes" is solid on basic tech.
- The latest productions have unveiled a moving cam they are starting to work with but this is nowhere on the level of say Czech VR's tech.
- Reality Lovers introduced both dual PoV presentations (PoV, Observer) as well as green screen backgrounds in the March 2017 updates.
- 6/2: Reality Lovers have raised their prices today, killing the annual option and raising monthly and quarterly subs to a steep $29.99, and $69.99.
- November 2017: Reality Lovers went to Pay Per Clip only. You can contact customer service apparently to ask for other deals, or you can use our discount link below, which still unlocks the monthly rate sub page. As well, you may be able to refresh cycle the billing page? Not 100% sure here.
- Current pricing is: $9.99 for 1 Video, $19.99 for 3 videos and $24.99 for 5 videos.
- February 2018: Monthly and quarterly subs appear to be available again on the sub page.
- February 2018: Reality Lovers have dropped down to once a week releases
- March 2018: Our Reality Lovers discount has been increased, which is nice considering the recent drop in release rate to once a week.
* Clean looking productions/sets
* Wide range of European talent
* Voyeur versions available for some scenes
* Production lacking in terms of VR specifics such as PoV's
* Pricing and sub models have changed many times, expensive
* Scale issues in the early catalog
Reality Lovers Review Site Details
VR Porn from Reality Lovers
Reality Lovers are a newer European VR Porn site that have been releasing movies since around the Spring/Summer of 2016. The studio features rich looking sets and fairly known European adult performers such as Alexis Crystal, Kristy Black, Nicole Vice and Nikky Dream. The videos overall look really nice and are quite sexy with their own unique flavor, but the early ones were not without some issues.
Early Movies are 30FPS doubled to 60fps
Early movies were filmed at 30fps and then frame doubled to achieve 60fps, which is a huge waste of space for little gain, but it does result in the smoothest 30fps I have witnessed in an HMD, and the doubling technique is a mirror image, rather than an interpolation of 2 adjacent frames, which can cause artifacts. Updates to this rolled out sometime in mid July 2016. As far as the old FPS, I do not notice significant motion blur during fast movement, and it is no where near as noticeable as early WankzVR 30fps movies for instance, that were a strobe show during fast motion.
Early Movies Have Big Ass Scale
Early movies from Reality Lovers also had some of the largest scale seen in VR porn. Your mileage will vary here. For me, I hate smaller, can live with bigger, so after adjusting for a few minutes and going "ahhhhhh, man hands!", I tend to forget about it and get into the scene after awhile, which is pretty easy at Reality Lovers as the movies are at least done well on basic porn production merits.
Scale resolved in September 2016
September updates seemed to have squashed the bulk of the tech issues at Reality Lovers, and this trend continued though into the December releases.
One to keep an eye on in 2017
Beyond the launch issues with larger world scale and FPS and some up close distortion, Reality Lovers movies look dam good already, with high production values, nice looking women and clean, rich looking sets. The videos themselves are nice to watch in an HMD in terms of clarity and I am excited to see the new movies they will be releasing in 2017, as I think they could be pretty solid if they can capitalize on shooting a bit more for VR in particular. Reality Lovers are also beginning to experiment with a moving camera setup as well in early 2017 but it has been pretty wonky from the implementations I have viewed.
Multiple PoV's and Green Screen backgrounds added in March
March 2017 releases from Reality Lovers featured the introduction of both multiple PoV versions being made available for new releases in both PoV and observer formats, as well as the introduction of a new movie shot against a greenscreen backdrop that enables you to choose from a few different backgrounds on the file download.
Have not checked in with Reality Lovers in a few months
January 2018: I gave Reality Lovers a break the latter half of 2017, giving production a chance to smooth things out for a bit. All of a sudden they were doing Green Screen, Voyeur shoots and expanding with a 2nd website, all the while still struggling with production on the home site, in terms of things many viewers care about in VR. It felt like they were doing too much at once to me, and it has been awhile since I have caught a scene going into winter 2017 with all the other content out there this year so I cannot speak to recent quality.
I will be checking in with Reality Lovers in the new year to see how things are looking recently. They just blew out 30 scenes in a single month stunt for Christmas, and again, I kind of get the doing-too-much, wrong focus vibe from the outside on that kind of thing. I don't really want to watch assembly line VR porn, and they are already shooting scenes twice just to serve up a voyeur angle as well on many titles. On the backs of that comment, they have now dropped back to once a week releases in February, so the Xmas stunt seems even more questionable to me.