Updated March 31st, 2017
From KINK.com & HologirlsVR its KinkVR!
KinkVR Review Score:
Number of Movies
Variety of Pornstars
Frequency of Updates
Overall Immersion/ VR Sense
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR, Google Carboard and many other headset formats supported.
- 15 movies of all flavors and nastiness. Top stars such as Penny Pax and anal queen Ella Nova! Straight, TS and Gay, KinkVR has it all, and its all dirty! 3rd person POV camera shots breaks the 1st person POV mold. Speculum's, Insertions, Fisting. Hardcore VR Porn!
- There are actually more than 15 movies at KinkVR, probably more like 20 or so at this point, but if you can navigate the broken website to get at them, you are ahead of me at the end of March 2017.
- KinkVR used to be closely associated with the Kink.com network, but it appears that this will be it's own entity in conjunction with HoloGirlsVR, which so far, has meant a typically broken/partially functioning HoloGirlsVR clone website.
- KinkVR content was available for FREE for more than a year. All of that early content, is now behind a premium sub price.
- KinkVR still says "beta" on its logo....and it still should, even after this years restart on production.
KinkVR Site Details
KinkVR Brings the Dirty to VR!
Just when you thougth there was nothing but vanilla VR porn out there, here comes KinkVR with a big ole' cup of HOLY FUCK, that shit was DIRTY! Like things like seeing one chick ram a 16" dildo ALL THE WAY up another chicks ass, ....all in point blank glorious VR? You will need look no further than Kink.com! HOT mainstream stars like Penny Pax? Check. Tranny porn with the amazing Venus Lux? Check. Gay VR porn? Checkerino. Pretty much, if you can dream it up, Kink.com is serving it up!
The only problem now is, when the above paragraph was written, it was being served up for free as part of KinkVR's beta. FFWD to March 2017, and all of a sudden, that early beta footage, that is all over the place in content, they are now wanting $24.95 a month for, and that is a premium price tag if say, you don't want to see 50% gay clips a month for a sub you are paying for.
FREE During Beta!
As stated above, the original 15 or so clips were available for anyone to download for over a year on the KinkVR website, and it used to be a great way to grab those early beta efforts. They are so niche in style and content, that it was likely that someone might find one or 2 clips that interested them but perhaps not many will be interested in all of them.
Now that there is a price tag on these clips and the website updated with 47 whopping minutes of new content for March in the form of 4 clips, 2 of which were gay, 1 lesbian and some in 360? This is a hard sell as I see it. I would not sub for that, not for $24.95/mo. I might cherry pick it every 6 months or something ya know? But this is BETA quality footage folks.
Not impressed with the reboot sofar
I wanted to give KinkVR a couple months to see where they were going after the re-launch in the new year, and I have to say, it has not been impressive thus far. The releases for February and March 2017, were just simply larger 45 minute scenes, lopped up into 10 minute or less clips, and slowly drip fed out over 2 months time.
The content is fine, it's Kink.com style content, and I love all that stuff, but it is everything else that is really lacking right now from a subscriber perspective, unless you are a die hard Kink.com fan and don't mind paying premium price for beta VR content. 18 months ago, when these early KinkVR clips hit for free, it was fine, it was cool, it was beta. The landscape is much different now in terms of competition in VR, and this stuff is pretty niche behind a paydoor as mixed niche content I think.
47 minutes of content uploaded for March, 2017
KinkVR released just around 45 minutes of total clip content in March 2017. Other VR studios, release 90 minutes of content a week, easily for the same or less monthly sub. The value here beyond Kink.com flava, is absent, as the old clips are beta tech and the new stuff I have peeped was a bit lackluster in this department as well.
The 2 most recent clips I viewed, one which I reviewed here, Lezdom Anal Pov, were both in a disappointing 360 format, with the typical lacking visual quality associated with current 360 VR.
The KinkVR website also migrated to a HoloGirlsVR clone website at re-launch, and these websites are not known for their functionality, that's for sure. From serving wrong files for the wrong download links, or pages/menu items not being functional or reachable via navigation commands, the KinkVR website was pretty bad as I just checked through it tonight, in 2 different browsers.
Hard to see more than a cherry pick sub right now for me
So, don't get me wrong, I do like the content from KinkVR. But this is one is pretty tough for me as a subber given it's rather premium monthly price tag and shortcomings on tech and the website. Perhaps this will change going forward, but atm, KinkVR is a tough sell for me, beyond hard to find fetish content for VR.
That said, I still love some of their clips and I would probably spring for a single month if I just wanted to see some of the content and had missed the free stuff or cherry pick it every 6 months or so as the content is uniquely Kink.com at its core and does deliver in that regard.
Click Here to Visit KinkVR today!
KinkVR Website Review
Updated for March 31, 2017
- Number of movies: 1/5. Only 15 clips on the front page at the moment. There is a second page of movies, but I cannot find a way to access them. There are likely a total of around 20-25 clips atm at KinkVR.
- Sub pricing: 1/5. At $24.95/mo and $71.40 annual, KinkVR pricing is not that bad, it's on the high side, but when you consider they only released 47 minutes worth of clip content in March 2017, this becomes a really premium price point in my eyes based on the competitors monthly outputs.
- Variety/Kinky stuff/Niche content: 5/5. KinkVR is associated with Kink.com, so about every niche and fetish you can think of gets shot by Kink.com.
- Variety of Pornstars: 2/5. Kink.com gets all sorts. Pro's, Amateurs, Male, Female, Shemale. Well established names like Penny Pax and Abella Danger, and many others.
- Searchability: 1/5. Horrible as tested at the end of March, 2017. Broken navigation links, etc.
- Scaling/ Distortion: 2/5. Early KinkVR releases are beta clips, and display larger scale as well as some distortion. The new clips I have seen post re-launch have looked better in this regard.
- Frequency of Updates: 1/5. Looks to be about once a week, and these are mini clips drip fed from longer content, at an average of around 10 minutes or so is the early trend it looks like over Feb and March releases.
- Extras/Networks: 1/5. Not much in the way of anything extra since KinkVR got cut off from the Kink.com home site.
- Overall Immersion/ VR Sense: 3/5. I like KinkVR clips in terms of immersion. You get some great dungeonesque settings, ominous KinkVR undertone setting music and if they would just stop chopping the longer footage up into smaller clips, they would have some fairly immersive scenes for sure.
- Download Speed: 3/5. Average to good download speeds for the clips I have grabbed.
KinkVR Review Score
The Girls of KinkVR!
Some of the hot girls over at KinkVR! KinkVR also feature Gay and Tranny movies in VR as well!
All images © 2016 Kink.com