Updated for April 2018
BaDoink VR Quick Review Score:
Number of Movies
Frequency of Updates
Variety of Pornstars
Badoink VR Review
- Number of movies: 5/5. At 200 in April 2018, BadoinkVR have a nice plump VR porn stash and some classic genre titles spanning over nearly 4 years of adult VR production.
- Sub pricing: 4/5. With a change to a 2 times a week release schedule in July 2017, the $24.95 monthly looks much better at BaDoinkVR, with the annual offering substantial value. If you like what you see after a month, might as well get the one year or cherry pick it every few months on a monthly. BaDoinkVR have also recently introduced a 1 dollar trail offer good for one movie. You can get either a -60% off first months sub or a one dollar/day trial through our links here at 3DPornReviews. If they had a bit stronger added network like Naughty America VR for instance, I would give BaDoinkVR 5 stars here at roughly the same price point or if they released more content like Czech VR at $24.95 or WankzVR (runtimes) at 20 bucks a month.
- Update Frequency: 5/5. BadoinkVR have moved to a 2 times a week release density in July 2017. Movies are currently released on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Variety of Pornstars: 5/5. There is a nice variety of talent over at BadoinkVR, with the emphasis on young, tight n right European girls. As of June/July 2016, there are now shooting American pornstars, and this could give them one of the most well rounded rosters in VR as they are dipping from both sides of the pond. We give em 5/5 here with that new blend as no one else can really claim that right now. Casting has been pretty great in 2017 at BaDoinkVR.
- Variety/Kink/Niche: 5/5. Other than several decent Anal vids, and a trippy basement Harley Quinn video with Blondie Fesser, things are pretty vanilla at Badoink VR on the older content, with some group scenes and girl/girl stuff. There are some parody and cosplay type shoots as well. More recent movies in the last year have seen a JOI with Kylie Page , a sex education type movie with August Ames and Joel and Alexa Tomas shot from both POV's. There was even a recent erotic reading video featuring Sienna Knight, so BaDoinkVR began stretching out a bit on content in the Fall of 2016. A couple of US solo's have shown up in Winter 2016 with videos from both Tori Black and Bella Rose. There has been quite a bit of anal focus in Summer 2017.
- Tech: 4/5. Overall tech at BadoinkVR is generally above average for the industry. From Spring 16 to Spring 17, I would have rated the image quality as 1st or 2nd in the industry. In spring 2017, BaDoinkVR then moved to similar rigs as many of the other studios and they lost the lead they once had with respect to image clarity. Audio quality, can be some of the best in VR porn in portions of the back catalog, while on other shoots from 2017, not so much, it varies a bit, but audio is generally a stronger point for BaDoinkVR than most of the other studios over the balance of the entire catalog of scenes.
- *Audio has been pretty poor in late Summer/Fall 2017. Score lowered to a 4 here in Jan 2018 after months of poor audio and an image that is pretty average for the industry atm.
- January 2018 finally sees some much needed love in the Audio department, with recent releases sounding much improved in terms of high end detail and image.
- Scaling/Distortion: Typically, on an Oculus Rift, newer Badoink VR vids look pretty good to great for me. Older movies can suffer from the same type of scaling that many older VR porn shoots suffer from, and some older videos were shot further from the camera than desirable by many for VR, but overall, they have some decent stuff if you like the roster. By the end of summer 2016, BaDoinkVR's rig/s were performing quite well in terms of both resolution and distortion . Some viewers will still rank current BaDoinkVR scale as a little larger.
- Overall Immersion/ VR Sense: Despite some distance issues in some of the early vids, BaDoink have quality titles to explore and rank decently well for a VR porn experience. Movies from the late summer/fall/winter of 2016 were kind of all over the place, both on content, and tech such as camera heights and perspectives as BaDoinkVR finally mixed up the recipe they had remained fairly stagnant with for months after having been one of the early players in VR porn. My main gripes in 2017 were poor audio in many titles, one sided eye focus and wonky feeling PoV's/tilted shots.
- SUB WARNINGS: As with most porn subs, watch out for pre-ticked trial offers when signing up and as well, be careful clicking on banner popups on the site. One of the main complaints I see for BaDoinkVR, are on the popups and pre-tickes sales offers that many new to buying porn are not familiar with. Stow yer boner for a couple minutes and make sure you look at the sign up page carefully and untick the additional offer box! You oldschool guys know the drill, as we have all been burned at one point on an additional sign up box! 🙂
BaDoinkVR Review Score
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR, Google Carboard, HTC Vive and other headset formats supported.
- All subs include free VR goggles compatible with any smart phone.
- At over 191 movies and counting, BadoinkVR have a large back catalog.
- High quality camera setup introduced in March 2016. BaDoinkVR probably have the 2nd, or best image in VR in January 2017. *This changed in later 2017 where BaDoinkVR have moved to a rig very similar to most of the other studios.
- August 2016 sees BaDoinkVR making some very interesting moves and finally mixing up their formula for VR Porn a bit, featuring more American talent and mixing up their production some.
- Fall into Winter 2016 has been a bit hard to pin down with more experimental shoots coming from BaDoinkVR as they try to mix up their older formula a bit. The Spanish shoots have been pretty consistent in style, while the American movies have been all over the place on tech style, occasionally spitting out some diamonds.
- Spring 2017 finds BadoinkVR making some more changes, both in terms of production, and what appears to be a new rig at work in May, that to my eyes, does not look at clear as the industry leading image quality that BaDoinkVR have been known for. You can see a screenshot comparison of this in my Cumming Home review.
- BaDoinkVR have introduced a new hands free theater mode for mobile viewers in May 2017.
- July 2017: BaDoinkVR have moved to 2 releases a week upping the value on the sub quite a bit.
- Casting has been nuts in the late Summer/Fall of 2017 with some great talent being featured at BaDoinkVR.
- BaDoinkVR took 3rd place of my top 3 studios for 2017
* American and European Talent
* Large catalog, number of girls
* Decent focus on intimacy in 18'
* Some genre classics
* Upsell popups on login
* Beware of pre-ticked offers on sign up
* One sided eye contact in many scenes
* Mediocre PoV's at times
3DPornReviews one month discount available, click image
3DPornReviews $1.00 single movie trial also available, click image
*Please watch out for pre-ticked offers during signup! Standard porno sub stuff*
If you have any issues with billing/how to cancel BadoinkVR: First line billing support has traditionally not been great, the same as many porn studios relying on Epoch or CCBill for processing. The best thing to do is to reach out to the official sub rep on reddit, and they are generally pretty good about handling support issues there from what I have witnessed over the years. Is BaDoink legit? Yes, but they have never really had a great reputation for billing support via the 3rd party processor.
BadoinkVR Site Details
BadoinkVR are one of the original players in VR Porn, having started up their VR division shortly after VirtualRealPorn got rocking in 2014. With some 191 movies for download as of March 2018, BadoinkVR have built up a nice sized catalog, and there are definitely some great titles in there. A move in July 2017 to a more competitive 2 times a week release schedule was a long overdue and welcome change at BaDoinkVR.
Some of my favorites from early 2016 at BadoinkVR were movies such as Heart Shaped Ass that introduced a higher resolution camera, Getting Lucky, Stepdaughters Favorite Workout, and Latin Ass Shake for the Spring period of 2016.
One of my all time favorites
The August 2016 release, Busting a Nun with Blake Eden was in my top 5 movies for 2016, (It took my number 2 spot) featuring a complete shift in BaDoinkVR's standard camera setup and some amazingly present VR perspectives. If nothing else, it is well worth the dollar trail to get Busting a Nun alone, if you find Blake Eden even remotely attractive and love close up feeling VR porn, it was a bit of an anomaly in virtual porn in 2016.
Production values and sets are on the higher side, and there are some amazing looking girls in the library and the site itself is beautiful. At the end of August 2016, BaDoinkVR have completely re-skinned their website and appear to be poised to roll out changes to their entire operation with new movies like Busting.
Check out our BaDoinkVR Movie Reviews!
Early Catalog: European Girls
BadoinkVR, the same as many other early VR porn companies are European based, (while a US company) so expect lots of hot Spanish girls and other European ethnicities talking broken English in the early catalog. The BadoinkVR girls are really all shapes and sizes, and you can find popular VR stars such as Blondie Fesser, Silvia Rubi, Julia Roca, Zoe Doll, Lilyan Red, Alexa Tomas, Apolonia Lapiedra and Carolina Abril among the many attractive women on the site. BaDoinkVR added a movie with Spanish Goddess Nekane in September and porn legend Tori Black (solo) in November!
American Girls Have Been the Focus Since mid 2016
BaDoinkVR being an American Studio that went to Spain to shoot VR are now shooting more US talent and the late Summer and Fall months of 2016 have seen releases featuring popular US stars like Katrina Jade, Aidra Fox, Kagney Linn Karter, and Blake Eden to name a few.
Having continued this trend into 2017, this gives BaDoinkVR a nicely rounded catalog in terms of talent right now from both Europe and the U.S.
Solid VR Porn Option
As with other early VR studios, there may be some issues with scaling with some of the older Badoink titles. Most issues can be helped some by using robust VR players such as older MaxVR or DEOPlayer that allow for the adjustment of stereo separation or other tweaks but you won't be able to adjust for distortion.
BaDoinkVR moved to a new camera system in Spring 2016 and the content that was produced with it looked awesome in terms of clarity at the time! You can see the debut of this new tech in the "Heart Shaped Ass" and "Getting Lucky" videos. This same setup also initially had some issues with distortion when filming close up however, and some of the movies that were released in April 2016 such as Lez-be-Friends had this present in close up footage.
On the other hand, titles like Latina Ass Shake later in 2016 looked very good up close and the most recent American shoots in Summer 2016 appear to show none of the issues with distortion. Just expect that you may find some scale issues or close up distortion in the back catalog pre 2016.
2017 titles overall, looked nice, not as crisp as 2016, with the main technical issues being poor audio and camera framing in 2017, as well as one sided eye contact. Light My Fire with Alex Grey was likely my favorite scene from 2017 at BaDoinkVR.
January 2018 got cracking nicely at BaDoinkVR with some much needed improvements on the audio front, as well as some banging early releases such as New Years Lay with Angela White and Riley Reid and the VR squirtfest, Grangerous Liaisons featuring Adriana Chechik and Kimmy Granger.
Worth a one month for sure
There are some really solid videos to download there, (as well as many generic flat feeling movies) so if you are looking for a new VR site to try out, Badoink VR is not a bad option for a one month check-it-out sub if you like what you see in the preview pix on the site and the trailers . You can also find a few free titles to sample from BaDoinkVR on our free page as well.